*Last update: 24th of November 2020
All-in Family Resort Preston Palace offers all-inclusive hotel packages for families, families and couples living together from a single household. When booking, it is highly desirable that you book for your own household. If your group consists of several couples or families, you will need to make a separate booking for each family or couple. In consultation with the Twente security region, compulsory measures have been taken for hotel guests.
Preston Palace will be open from 15 December 2020 with an adapted all-inclusive offer in accordance with RIVM guidelines:
- There are adjusted opening hours of various facilities for optimal distribution.
- From check-in onwards you can make reservations for all activities and restaurants during your stay via the GastenApp.
- Events and day and/or evening recreation are currently not possible at Preston Palace.
- The rule that no more than 30 people are allowed in a room does not apply to hotels: gatherings of guests are permitted in eating and drinking establishments, provided that the guests are hotel guests only (emergency ordinance Safety region Twente).
In addition, we apply the basic rules:
- Wash your hands often.
- Cough and sneeze on the inside of your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs to blow your nose and then throw it away.
- Do not shake hands.
- Keep 1.5 metres (2 arm lengths) away from others.
- People from a joint household do not need to keep the 1.5 metres distance from each other.
- Wear a mouth cap when you move around our resort (for everyone over 12 years of age).
- No alcohol after 20:00.
It is for your and our safety that a number of things are different in corona time. Your stay is still all-in. There are even several facilities set up for you, so that you can continue to enjoy your stay to the fullest. Read here what you can expect from your all-inclusive hotel package.
On arrival and during your all-inclusive hotel package deal
- Good to have you here! On arrival, follow the doorman's instructions; each guest must answer health questions before they can enter.
- Wearing a mouth mask is compulsory for anyone over 12 years of age when travelling at Preston Palace. If you take a seat or are in your hotel room, you may remove it. Our staff, with the exception of those behind a counter fitted with plexiglass, also wear a mouth mask.
- Follow the instructions on the information boards. Keep an appropriate distance of 1.5 metres from other guests and Preston Palace staff.
- Do you have to wait a moment during check-in? At the hotel reception, take a seat with your family in the 'waiting area' and follow the receptionist's instructions. Do you have any questions? Our hostess will be happy to help!
- Via the GastenApp programme you can book your stay after check-in: from breakfast-lunch-dinner to various gaming facilities, entertainment, the subtropical swimming paradise and the indoor fairground.
- Your hotel room will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival and provided with sufficient towels for the first day. For your and our safety, your hotel room will not be cleaned during your stay. Every morning between 9:00 and 12:00 you can pick up clean towels at the lift square on the 1st floor. Dirty towels and possibly dirty dishes can be deposited in the appropriate cart on the lift square. If you would like a cleaning service during your stay (for example for three nights or more), you can report this to the hotel reception. We will plan an appropriate time.
- The entertainment centre closes at 01.00 hrs and you are kindly requested to go to your hotel room. You may take your snack and drink from the entertainment centre to your hotel room (after 20:00 hours no more alcohol will be served).
- The subtropical swim paradise is open daily exclusively for hotel guests from 09:00 to 22:00 hours. Water, soft drinks and water ice creams are available in the hotel room. You can reserve the subtropical swimming paradise in the GastenApp. You can change in your hotel room in advance. Will you make sure you wear a large bath towel or bathrobe over your swimwear? We advise you to bring your own bathrobe. Don't have one? No problem! You can buy them at the swimming pool reception (while stocks last). The changing rooms are open for exceptions. If you wish to make use of them, please put your swimwear under your clothes before you start.
- Wellness is open for hotel guests. You can book a treatment in advance by calling 0546-542121 (Reservations Department) or on site at the swimming pool reception.
- The indoor fun fair is open daily from 14:00 to 23:00. Drinks and delicacies are served. The indoor fair can be booked in the GastenApp.
- The bars in The Barstreet are open daily from 10:00 till 01:00 hrs. These small, cosy bars are not staffed due to the minimum number of guests that can be admitted here because of the 1.5 meters. However, you may take a seat in the bars to enjoy your drink. Drinks can be collected at Preston Palace Central or in Black Rock. In case of crowds, the English pub also becomes a pick up point for refreshments (after 20:00 no more alcohol will be served).
- Preston Palace Central with terrace is open daily from 09:00 to 01:00 here you can pick up your refreshments and sit on the terrace (after 20:00 no more alcohol will be served).
- The Grill is open daily from 14:00 to 24:00. Various grill dishes are made for you here (this is an open zone, you don't have to book in advance).
- The Snackcounter is open daily from 14:00 to 24:00. Here you can pick up snacks such as a hot plate, nuts and/or small snacks (this is an open zone, you do not need to make a reservation in advance).
- Hotel restaurant Ribbleton is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You reserve your table in advance via the GastenApp program. On your table is a placemat with the extensive offer, indicate your choice at the buffet and it will be served to you. (After 20:00 hours no more alcohol will be served)
- Café San Remo is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here we serve plate service with a delicious schnitzel, steak, well-filled salads, etc. You reserve your table in advance via the GastenApp program (after 20:00 hours no more alcohol will be served).
- Black rock (the former coffee corner) is open daily from 09:00 to 22:00. Here you can choose your fresh cup of coffee/tea and luxury cakes and/or pastries (reservation in advance is not necessary).
- Peppermill: is open daily for lunch and dinner. You reserve your table in advance through the GastenApp program.
- The indoor play area is open daily from 09:00. Children up to the age of 7 can play here and there is an entertainment programme on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (known at the gaming library, on the TVs or in the GastenApp). An example of the activities: mini disco, crafts, '1.5 Meter & Greet' with Preston or Alice or pizza baking.
- Daily entertainment: the show team organises a pub quiz, bingo or other entertainment for the whole family on several occasions every day (book in advance for free in the GastenApp). There is no live music.
- The Shops are open daily from 09:00 to 17:30. Again, keep 1.5 metres away from other guests.
- E-bike rentals, cycling tours, walking tours and more information about touristic possibilities can be obtained at the hotel reception (exclusively for hotel guests).
How often and for how long can you plan a particular activity per stay/day?
After check-in you can, among other things, reserve your game activities. This is based on availability and the possibilities and duration are as follows:
1 x 45 minutes of bowling per stay (based on availability).
1 x per day to the cinema (subject to availability).
1 x per day an entertainment activity (subject to availability).
1 x per day 45 minutes of snooker or billiards (subject to availability).
2 x daily 1 hour swim in the subtropical swimming paradise.
2 x per day 1 hour to the indoor fairground.
2x per day 1 hour mini golf.
Various activities can be booked in advance in the GastenApp program. Make optimal use of all activities and please keep to the reserved times. This way no one will be short of time!
At check out
- If a payment is still outstanding, please report to the hotel reception with one person. When everything has been paid, you can check out at the porter's lodge.
- If no payment is outstanding, please check out at the porter's lodge. You no longer need to go to the hotel reception.
Extra hygiene measures from Preston Palace
- Employees follow a special 'COVID-19 Hygiene Training'.
- Mouth mask mandatory for guests and employees.
- There are extra disinfection spots and hygiene checks in all rooms.
- Clear safety signs and walking directions with 1.5 metres distance markings.
- There is extra supervision and enforcement of the current 'corona house rules'.
Preston Palace keeps a close eye on the latest developments regarding the corona virus and government recommendations. The welfare of our guests and staff is of the highest priority. Do you have any questions about your booking? Please contact the Reservations Department on 0546-542121 with your booking number or look at the FAQ page about the corona virus.
Stay healthy, respect the rules and enjoy!
In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, we currently live in a society with strict conditions. But when we take each other into account and set out our plans in advance, there are plenty of fantastic opportunities at Preston Palace. We look forward to welcoming you in good health to our renewed All-inclusive Family Resort!
I made a reservation and my stay was supposed to take place in the period up to 15th of December 2020, what now?
If your date of stay falls within the period in which Preston Palace is closed, we will contact you by e-mail. We would ask you to wait for this email to arrive and to continue contacting us by email. We are obliged by mandatory measures to cancel your booking. You may move your booking to another date free of charge (any surcharge may apply). If you are unable to plan a new date at this time, you may receive a voucher for the amount paid. With the voucher you can take a moment to book a new date.