Face mask requirement
From 1 December, it is compulsory to wear a face mask in public areas when moving around. This is also the case at Preston Palace. The requirement to wear a face mask applies to anyone aged 13 years and over. A face mask must completely cover the nose, mouth and chin. A face mask is not compulsory if you have a fixed seat or when you are in your hotel room. In concrete terms, this means that in the restaurant, for example, you may remove the face mask when sitting at the table. When you subsequently get up to go to the toilet or to another room, the face mask must be worn again. When entering and leaving the swimming paradise, you must wear a face mask. From the changing room in the direction of the swimming pool, and while swimming, you do not have to wear a face mask.
Medical exception face mask requirement
If you have an exception for wearing a face mask, you must make this known and be able to provide proof. For hygiene reasons it is not permitted within Preston Palace to make use of the buffets without a face mask. Not even if you have a medical exception. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at restaurant Ribbleton and breakfast at restaurant Peppermill. Please wear a face mask or face shield while using the buffets. If this is not possible, please make a reservation at one of our à la carte restaurants.
How to use a face mask?
- Use a disposable or an every day fabric face mask. Do not use medical mouth masks.
- Clean your hands before you put your mask on, as well as before and after you take it off.
- Only touch the elastic band or string of the face mask.
- Make sure it covers both your nose, mouth and chin.
- Do not touch the mask while wearing.
- When you tak off a mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if it's a fabric mask, or dispoce a disposable mask in a trash bin.