Privacy and Cookie Statement
Last change: 01/07/2018
Preston Palace attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and we appreciate the trust you have in us. Preston Palace will never sell your personal details ("personal data") to others. Please read this Privacy and Cookie Statement carefully, so you will understand how we obtain details from you and how we deal with these. It will also give information on how you can contact us if you have any questions about your personal details. Preston Palace may update this Privacy and Cookie statement from time to time, so please check this page regularly to remain up to date. If you do not agree to this Privacy and Cookie statement, you must stop using our website, social media and/or app(s).
Preston Palace is a trade name of Preston Palace B.V. and is listed in the commercial register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 06062050, with its registered office at Laan van Iserlohn 1, 7607 PT Almelo, the Netherlands. Preston Palace is a European registered trade mark (#01403558). If you have any comments or suggestions about this information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Preston Palace will not collect any more of your personal data than is necessary to provide you with good services. Within the limits imposed by legal regulations, the collected personal data will be used with regard to our business operations and will not be kept any longer than is required for the business operations or by law. In this statement, the term "device" means equipment including computers, tablets, smartphones, etcetera.
By introducing appropriate technical and organisational measures, we will make every effort to secure your data against loss and/or unlawful use. Taking into account the state of the art and the costs of execution, these measures guarantee an appropriate security level in relation to the risks involved in the processing and nature of the data. You may provide us with your personal data with regard to ordering a service, entering a competition, as part of an assessment, registration etcetera. Initially, we will use these data for the purpose you have provided these to us. We may also use these to comply with our statutory and other legal obligations. In addition, we may use these data to improve our services to you, for example through marked and customer satisfaction surveys.
What personal information does Preston Palace use?
When you make a reservation, you will be asked for your email address, first name, surname, address and telephone number.
To make it easier to manage your reservations you can create a user account. This will allow you to view your personal settings and reservations. If you wish to have your data and/or account removed please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you visit the website, even when you do not make any reservations, we can collect certain information, such as your IP address, what browser you use, what operating system you use, what applications version your use, your language settings and pages (of our website) that were shown to you. If you use a mobile device, we can also collect information about your mobile device, specific settings for the device and GPS information.
Why does Preston Palace collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: Initially, we use your personal information to complete your reservation.
- Assessments: We use your contact details to invite you to write an assessment. We can use this assessment to help future visitors and possibly improve our services.
- User account: We offer you the possibility to create a user account on our website. We use the information you provide to us to facilitate this, to enable you to maintain your reservations, use unique offers, facilitate future reservations and maintain your personal settings. If you wish to have your data and/or account removed please send a request to email@example.com.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as allowed by law. For example: When you make a reservation or create an account, we can use your contact details to send your news or travel related products and services. With your permission - if permission is required by local law - we can also send you other newsletters via email. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time via the link "Unsubscribe" in every newsletter. Or you can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the information you share with us, we can show you personalised offers on the Preston Palace website, mobile apps or on third-party websites.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we may contact you via email, post or telephone. This depends on the contact information you share with us. These could be for a number of reasons:
- We may have to respond to requests you made.
- If you did not complete your online reservation, we may send you an email to remind you to continue your reservation. This means you can continue your reservation without having to start again from the beginning.
- If you use our services, we may invite you to write an assessment about your experiences at Preston Palace.
- We may use personal information to identify and prevent fraud or other illegal or improper activities. We also use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to improve the user experience and to improve functionality and quality of our services.
- We also use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to improve the user experience and to improve functionality and quality of our services.
How does Preston Palace use social media?
We use social media to promote, improve and facilitate our own services.
How does Preston Palace share your information with third parties?
- In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties:
- We may share your personal information with the government or authorities who want to institute an investigation if that is required by law. This may be a court order, a summons and requirements arising from legal processes and investigations. We may disclose your personal information if it is strictly necessary to prevent, identify or prosecute criminal matters.
- For the purpose of collection of outstanding debts.
- For the purpose of checking your credit worthiness and payment history.
- If otherwise we would be in breach of our legal obligations.
- In any other, not yet foreseen, cases where this disclosure is necessary for the representation of our legitimate interests or those of the third party to whom the data are provided, unless the law provides that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh these.
- We may use external service providers to process your personal information for purposes as described above. For example, we may instruct external parties to contact you. If this is necessary for a particular reservation, we may collaborate with external payment providers to facilitate the payment or payment guarantee. We also collaborate with external advertising networks to promote our accommodation and services on other platforms. We may also instruct external parties for analytical purposes. These external parties are bound to confidentiality statements and will not use your information for other matters than those that are described above.
How does Preston Palace use mobile devices?
We have apps for several mobile devices and offer a version of our regular website that is specially adapted for mobile devices. These apps collect and process your personal information in the same manner as our website.
How does Preston Palace use assessments and other information you shared with us?
After your stay you may receive an invitation to write an assessment which may ask for your opinion about Preston Palace. You can indicate if you do not want your name published, so that your assessments are placed anonymously. By completing an assessment you agree that this will be shown on, for example, our website, our mobile apps, our social media accounts and social apps. This gives other guests access to information about the quality and services of Preston Palace.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are placed on your device by a website. At a subsequent visit the browser can send this information back to the website. This Privacy and Cookie Statement applies to cookies and similar technology (hereinafter collectively referred to as "cookies"). The cookies that are placed on your device via the Preston Palace website cannot damage your device or the files that are stored on it.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We aim to provide our visitors with a sophisticated, clear and user-friendly website that automatically adapts to their needs and wishes. We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign in and to manage your reservations. These technical cookies are necessary to ensure that our website functions properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your personal preferences and to help you use the website effectively and efficiently, for example by remembering your preferred language or your unfinished booking. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary to ensure that our website functions properly, but these add functionality and enhance the user experience.
- Analytical cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to optimise and improve the website. The information we collect is what web pages you visited, through which referring page you arrived, through which page you left the site, what platform type you use, your date and time stamp, the number of clicks you make on a particular page, your mouse and scroll movements. We also use analytical cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns, to gain insight into the way users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements shown on third-party websites. In this process we do not know who you are and only collect anonymous data.
- Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies and our own cookies to show our advertisements. This is called "retargeting" and is based on your browsing activities on our website, for example, the availability you searched for, the accommodations you viewed and the prices shown to you.
- In addition to placing cookies, Preston Palace also reads information from your browser and device without a cookie being placed. This way we collect (technical) characteristics of your device and the software you use, such as the type of operating system, browser settings, installed plug-ins, time zone and screen size. We use this information to be able to follow your surfing behaviour on our site.
How long do the Preston Palace cookies remain active?
The cookies we use have varying lifetimes. You can remove cookies from your browser at any time. Removing cookies varies per browser. Use the "Help" function in your browser to find the settings you need.
Does Preston Palace use any third-party cookies?
Apart from the cookies that Preston Palace places, these so-called third-party cookies are also placed on your device via the website. Preston Palace has no control or say over the use of these cookies and/or for what purpose the third parties use the information collected through these cookies. Preston Palace only provides the platform that makes placing these third-party cookies possible.
Preston Palace points out that further conditions of these third parties may apply to the use of the collected data. Below please find the types of third-party cookies that may be placed via the website:
- Google Analytics: In order to collect web statistics on the use and visit of the website, Preston Palace uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics places a permanent cookie on your device that is used to register your use of the website. These data are then analysed by Google and the results are provided to Preston Palace. This way Preston Palace gains insight into the way the website is used and can use these data to make any necessary adjustments to the website or its services. Google may provide this information to third parties if they are obliged to do so by law and/or if third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google may use the information for other Google services.
- Social plugins: Via the website access is provided to various social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. By using these so-called social plugins, you can share information on the website with others or recommend the website. Via the social plugins third parties place cookies on your device. These may include cookies intended to optimise your user experience, but they may also include tracking cookies to follow your surfing behaviour on various websites and build up a profile of your surfing behaviour. In addition to access to this social media, videos are shown through the website which originated from third parties, including YouTube. These third parties initially place cookies that make it possible to show the videos to you. In addition, tracking cookies may be placed that are used to follow your surfing behaviour on various websites and build up a profile of your surfing behaviour.
Who has access to the information in the Preston Palace cookies.
Only Preston Palace has access to the Preston Palace cookies. Cookies that have been placed by third parties, may be viewed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
You can indicate in your browser setting in Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome what cookies you want to accept and which ones you want to reject. The exact location of these settings depends on the browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to find the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions on our website. And if you unsubscribe from an online advertising network, it does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertisements or be part of market analyses. It only means that the network you unsubscribed from will no longer send personalised advertisements for your web preferences and browser patterns.
What security procedures does Preston Palace have in place to ensure that your personal information is safe?
In accordance with the European data protection laws, we have solid procedures in place to prevent unauthorised and/or improper use of personal information. We use the appropriate business systems and procedures to protect the personal information you provide to us. We also use safety procedures and technical and physical restrictions for access to personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel have access to personal information if this is necessary for their duties.
The services Preston Palace provides are not intended for children under the age of 18. Using any of our services is only allowed after the explicit permission from a parent or guardian. If we receive information that a person is younger than 18, we reserve the right to remove this person.
If you have any questions about personal data or you want to have personal information removed from our database, please send an email to email@example.com. However, it may occur that we must retain certain information for legal or administrative reasons, such as our protection against fraudulent activities. If you wish to have your data and/or account removed please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preston Palace has taken the utmost care in compiling this site, but accepts no liability with regard to any inaccuracies in the information shown. The Preston Palace General Terms and Conditions apply to all offers and bookings. Preston Palace is not responsible for displayed content (all content available on the website) or any files linked to this site. You need to ask for written permission to use the displayed content or parts thereof on other publicly accessible locations.
Without this written permission you are not allowed to use the content or parts of these pages.